Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fire damages Al's Hamburger Shop


Well burger lovers we may have lost a burger joint for good. Al's Hamburger in Green Bay WI had a fire last week. The owners at this time do not know if they will re-open. The funny thing is I was just there 3 weeks ago. I went to Al's while I was in Green Bay to see the Packers Training Camp. I also was there a couple years ago and did a post about Al's and Kroll's. Second trip to Green Bay . If you want more information about the fire go to the Green Bay Press Gazette. You also can search related stories on the Gazette page, just type in Al's Hamburger in the "search" to see the articles. It is always sad when a Burger Joint is lost. (Picture is from the Press Gazette.)




5 comments:

KingT said...

Damn thats a real shame I was just there this past June and enjoyed it very much.

Wauna-burger said...

At least we got to visit Al's before the accident.

Alisha_In_Life said...

Wauna-burger, just wanted to let you know they are giving away free BK Whoppers at savertime.com for LA residents (you aren't one, but maybe your readers?). I wanted to send you an email but I can't figure out how to do that. So I'll post it here. Hopefully you'll check it out.

Graffiti62 said...

I lived in Green Bay for two years after graduating from college, and my wife and I stopped at Al's at least once every other month or so. Always a great burger, and you actually enjoyed the smell of onions in the air,even if it made your eyes water some. A burger with a soda and fried cheese curds was nothing short of heaven.

If you want to know a really good burger stop that I don't think you've hit up, go north on 41 to Marinette. Coming into town, there's Mickey-Lu BBQ. The place has been there since the early 40s, an serves a fabulous burger on a great roll for a cheap price (a double cheeseburger costs under $3). I now live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and I always make sure to stop there between visiting family in Appleton/Green Bay and Yooperland.

Wauna-burger said...

Graffiti62 Mickey-Lu BBQ is great. I was there a day before I hit Al's. I was in Green Bay for Training Camp at the Start of Aug. and did a couple of burger spots. I have to get those pictures download and blog about Mickey Lu's!