Monday, September 1, 2008

Hamburger America Book Tour




This event happen on Saturday night May 10th 08'

Well the "Big Cheese" was in Madison WI. Yep George Motz himself was at Dotty's Dumplings Dowry for his Book Tour. I must have gotten there about an hr before his arrival. I was not in the mood for a burger for some odd reason, so I just ordered some Deep Fried Cheese Curds. I also had a few pints of brew. Another fan was there also. He had a Hamburger America DVD. We chatted a bit about burgers etc... Jeff Stanely the owner was also there along with a few friends of his. One was an actor from New York. He was in the area to film a new Johnny Depp movie. We chatted about burgers, mostly I wanted to know about NY burgers. He mentioned the Corner Bistro. I had him sign his name to pg 170,
which is about the Corner Bistro. I also got to talk to Jeff. We talked a bit and then he signed my book. I think he was amazed at all the signatures I had gotten.

It was then time to talk to George. I think we started talking about Bud's Bar in CO first. I lived 20 minutes from Bud's when I worked for the US Forest Service as a summer job during college. We also talked a bit about Corvettes and NASCAR, blogging and taking pictures. He agreed with me that the Butter Burger is not an easy burger to photograph. By this time people coming in to eat were coming up buying a book and chatting a bit. I myself must have talked to a half dozen people about burgers. I was having so much fun I almost forgot to ask George to sign my book. Now I have most people sign in the back of the book. George's is up front and unique. I will have to post a picture...maybe.

If you want to read more about George's weekend in the Midwest, you can click here: Book Tour Days 9-11

No comments: