Friday, October 3, 2008

My Five Guys visit.


Aug. 19th 2008

Now I have known Five Guys was in Madison WI but have never gone to it. Well after learning that Five Guys is popping up every where, I decided to go. Five Guys in Madison is on State Street. A street well known in Madison. It is lined with Apts, shops etc... It is also next to the UW-Madison. You could spend a whole day people watching. Which I was doing, that is why I walked right by Five Guys. Ok I walked one block pass it. "Oh well." I thought to myself. "I can always go over to the Plaza Tavern for a burger." A quick back track and I was back at Five Guys. First thing you will notice once inside is the red/white decor of the place. It was 2 pm so I missed the lunch rush, which I always try to do. I ordered a Cheeseburger and a Coke. Which is a double patty with cheese. I also got fried onions on it (Just look at the picture!!) My customer number is #1. I am saving that receipt. I am not the first of the day but having #1 makes me special right!!

My wait is 3-4 minutes. I read some of the articles that hang on the wall. I could also munch on peanuts... in shell. My number is call "Number One." I grab a seat along a side bar. I open my brown bag and open the foil around my burger. My first bite.... Wooooo this thing is juicy, messy and HOT!!! The burger is dripping with cheese and onions. Once again look at the picture!! The taste reminded me of something almost like Mom would make in the skillet for me when I was a kid. That is always a good sign...Burger Flashbacks!! I had one with the Butter Burger also. I have to comeback to try others here.

If you get to the Madison location, try to sit at the bar by the front window. That way you can people watch. Did I mention the UW-Madison is right next door!! I love summer!

2 comments:

Hamburger America said...

Great shot of the burger! Just had one the other day...

Wauna-burger said...

Out of all the Burgers I have shot so far, I think the Five Guys shot is my favorite. One Burger gives me trouble though.... I have visited Solly's 3 times and still cannot get the Butter Burger to be a good model!!!