Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sweeney's Oakcrest Tavern


This event happen on Labor Day Sept. 1st 08'

Sweeney's Oakcrest Tavern
5371 Old Middleton Rd, Madison, WI 53705 608-233-1243

Going off Doug Moe's article I went to the Oakcrest Tavern. The Oakcrest was slow when I got there, which was good. There was about 9 people counting myself. The Burger here is Char-grilled, which I like. Some people do not. The beef comes from Knoche Food Center. Lets say a local Butcher. Local... it is across the street!! The patty is made from steak trimmings and ground daily. The Burger comes on a whole wheat bun and your typical choices.

I order a Cheeseburger and small fry, with a Coke. I don't make any small talk with anyone, which is rare for me!! I just look over my notes from other Burger Joints. Yes I do take notes while I am at a place. I may not be the best blogger but hey I take notes!!! Trust me you do forget things.

My Burger comes and you can see the juices bleeding into the bun!! Look at the picture, that is not ketchup!!! I ordered it medium and it came that way. The Burger did not WOW me but it still it was good. Now if I remember right fresh ground patties will almost have a pebble like structure when cooked. (George if you read this send me a heads up if I am right!!) Well this burger did have that, tender and fell apart easy. Overall a good burger but like I said it did not WOW me.


No comments: